Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 am 
Bald Wizard

Chris wrote:
Any longtime visitor to MAHQ knows what April 1 means - it's the day that Dale and I stupidly chose to launch FAHQ on April 1, 2000. Yes, that's eleven years ago. As I do every year, I'd like to thank our readers for sticking by us for so long and continuing to show their support. There wouldn't be much point in doing this if you all weren't out there reading it. Traditionally, we've used our April 1 anniversary to launch new sections, and this year is no different with the premiere of three new Anime sections:

-Aim for the Top! gets its own section, with Peter offering full reviews for both Gunbuster and Diebuster.

-Mospeada gets a section with reviews from me for episodes 1-5. Expect this section to be completed soon because of its shorter episode length.

-Patlabor premieres with my reviews for episodes 1-7 of the original OVA series.

It's also fairly common at this point for me to tease things that you'll see coming in the future. We've got a couple of new sections in the works, including Rayearth (reviewed by Peter), The Big O (reviewed by Brian) and Time of Eve (reviewed by Scott).

I think 2011 will be one of our biggest years yet. For the last year, we've been alternating between section conversions and new content. We were hoping to be done with the conversion sooner, but there have been some setbacks. Despite that, we currently have 16 Anime sections in the new format and one Mecha section. The entire Anime section will be done soon, and we'll be moving aggressively to get the other sections converted. Of course, you'll still see new content mixed in with all that. Speaking of new content, I'd like to thank our audience for supporting Chaos Theater, the new podcast we launched in January. Our third podcast, the plamo-focused Laplace's Box, is scheduled to launch sometime this month, and that's something I hope you look forward to. The first 11 years of MAHQ have been a good run, so let's make the next 11 even better.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:33 am 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

Congrats on another year, MAHQ!

A problem, though. Gunbuster episode 4 is called "Launch!! The Incomplete Ultimate Weapon!" and the rating I gave it was 5/5, not 4/5.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am 
Der Bigen Slicen

You sir are entirely awesome. (and by extension everyone else who works on MAHQ including Neo and Soul Bro).

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 pm 
Traitor Villain

holy crap, eleven years

*raises glass*

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

Congratulations to Chris, Dale and all other MAHQ contributors who have kept the site alive over the years.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 pm 
AEUG Slapping Boy

Congrats on the anniversary. 8)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:00 am 
Der Bigen Slicen

Whoever you are, Chris is not going to appreciate you posting nonsense on his news posts.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 am 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

It's a spam bot. Ignore it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am 
OMG Doomsday Laser

Congratulations to 11 years for MAHQ.

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News