Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:20 pm 
Bald Wizard

Chris wrote:
It's taken a lot longer than we originally had planned, but Brian is back and the Gasaraki section is finally live with reviews for episodes 1-3. You'll notice a few design tweaks in this new section. These tweaks will appear on all new sections and will be implemented to every section that has been converted up to now. These tweaks mark the final changes that we'll be making to the new layout, so expect other new sections and section conversions to resume at a fast pace. In other news, if you missed the tweet about it earlier, Chaos Theater has released its first episode, so give it a listen.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 am 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

Hm... what all tweaks are there? Aside from the new "overall rating" and star graphic, all I noticed is that there's even more ads now. I understand that ads are a necessity these days, but damn, 5 of them on one page? It really clutters things up.

Well, I always thought it'd be nice to have "Previous episode" "Next episode" links so you wouldn't have to go back to the index to get to the other episode reviews.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 pm 
Bald Wizard

When you have to run a website that takes so much time and effort, and it costs money to do the things you want to do, your view about ads will be different. Don't complain for me having to do what I have to do.

"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:52 pm 
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert

I know it's a necessary evil, even if I feel it harms the overall look of the website. But what stood out to me the most was that there is now an ad right next to the rating. They're now intruding into the actual content and I fear soon the reviews will be completely overshadowed by the ads. You get to control the placement of the ads atleast, don't you?

Well, this is just what I think. But you know better than I do, though, so I'll just leave it at that.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm 
Bald Wizard

Yes, we control the placement, and we deliberately put that ad next to the rating. People tend to click more on ads that are in the same area as the content than they do banners that are removed from the content. We chose that spot next to the star rating because it was the least obtrusive. If you visit a variety of websites, you'll find that they put this kind of ad or banners in between paragraphs. We didn't want to do that, so we placed it somewhere that wasn't intrusive but that people are likely to click on.

Board index » MAHQ stuff » MAHQ News