09-22-10: Last waltz for Heero

News and updates from MAHQ.
Chris
Bald Wizard

09-22-10: Last waltz for Heero

Post by Chris » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Chris wrote:With the Gundam Wing TV series out of the way, it's time to completely finish off my work in that universe. Today's update features re-reviews and new screenshots for Endless Waltz, covering all three episodes as well as the movie. This is probably the last time I'll be re-reviewing something, so from this point on you can expect totally new reviews.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

LightningCount
HiMAT Spammer

Re: 09-22-10: Last waltz for Heero

Post by LightningCount » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Chris on Endless Waltz: "Personally, I prefer the new order of scenes in the movie version, but prefer the placement of music in the OVA."

I think this is the first review I've read that points this out. Good to hear I'm not the only one who noticed this. I've always been bugged by this, as the music used in the OVA fits the scenes better and elevates their impact more than the Movie (especially when Duo and Heero fly into L3X-18999). On memory alone, I'm not positive one way or the other about the scene order, but the Movie's animation bonuses certainly cannot be overlooked.
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Recommended Mecha Reading: http://bit.ly/1LCQERQ